It all started out innocently enough.
“Here, sniff this.” “What do you think?”
“It’s all right, quite nice”.
“Thought you’d like it, and wait, there’s more…”
That I think is how it began, the taking over of our house by Scentsy. I didn’t even know what Scentsy was all those years ago and could not really see the appeal at first. The gear smells great and the products are very well made, I got that bit however why such a fuss?
Gradually though, over time I’ve got to know more and appreciate how the house smells and how the warmers and diffuses look. I kind of had to really otherwise I think I’d have a breakdown.
This blog is from the point of view of the “other half” of a Scentsy Independent Consultant. Behind every great consultant is the support team of box lifters, IT Helpdesk, Web Site Administrators and “does this look alright” people who are mostly blokes that back their better half’s business.
What started out as a bit of an interest by Leanne soon turned into “I could become a consultant, host parties and get a discount!” Which, not long after became “Look, there are rewards of overseas travel I can earn if I get a team together”.
My attitude was and is, for Leanne to go for it. I could not and have not seen any downside to this venture, or “journey” as it is called.
There are a few changes in store for the Scentsy Husband:
- Your house will look like Del and Rodney’s council flat when a big order is delivered
- Markets require early starts on weekends for setup, hauling gear a long way from the car, setup time, hauling back again.
- Your friends are reminded they need more wax and that new ones have come out.
- That new car smell doesn’t get a look in due to the Car Bar.
- Any spare time you thought your Independent Consultant had is take up with the next campaign
- There is much cutting, folding, stapling, label making and delivering.
- Sitting in the audience of a Scentsy Reunion is like having a jet engine fire up in your right ear drum every time a new product or give away is announced. I’ve never seen people so enthusiastic for a product. I guess that is a testimant to how good the products are and how good Scentsy as an organisation is to deal with.
There will be future Scentsy Husband posts coming. In the meantime, there is samples to be made, the web site needs an update and boxes to be shifted.